How to Start Trading on bitFlyer
bitFlyer is a user-friendly trading platform that makes a wonderful starting point for everyone interested in crypto trading. First of all, it is a breeze to set up. You just need to create an account, verify your ID and check how things work here and get used with the platform. No worries, here’s a detailed guide.
Built by Wall Street veterans, bitFlyer’s Lighting Exchange is designed for professional traders with all of the features and power you would expect from one of the world’s largest exchanges.
How to create and activate your bitFlyer account
- Go to bitflyer.com, enter your email, and click “Sign Up”.
You will be sent a verification email, so go to your email account and click on the confirmation link in your email.
2. Create a strong password.
Please ensure that your password contains:
- At least 9 characters. (Note that here words, common phrases, and repeated characters count as a single character).
- At least two types of characters: lower case, upper case, numbers, and special characters: !@#$%^&*().
2 (a). Then confirm T&C’s and hit “Start bitFlyer”.
3. Once your passport is created and T&C’s are accepted, you will see the following pop up:
Read it and hit “Submit Now”.
4. Then you are taken to the personal info page, where you need to fill in your personal information. Once done, hit the “Confirm your personal information” button.
5. Ensure that you confirm your phone number on this page.
5 (a). Confirm phone (this pops up once you click ‘send SMS’)
6. Have a look at your personal data once more and hit “Confirm your personal information”
7. Continue to proof of ID. Fill in all the required information and hit “Continue to proof of Identity”
8. Submit ID
Note that if the ID document is less than 3 months old, no Proof of address is required. Additionally, if the ID is two-sided, both sides must be uploaded.
9. Completed ID page
Start Trading with bitFlyer Lightning
Once the account is set up, you can get started with the trading. Now, you need to make a deposit. You can deposit either EUR or BTC (Bitcoin).
How to Deposit EUR
EUR can be deposited right away. Note that for the Trade Pro accounts, there are no limits on deposits/withdrawals or trading, but before the Trade Pro class, the limit is 250 EUR /day or 2500 /year (total).
How to deposit BTC
To deposit BTC, 250 EUR must first be deposited (if you haven't yet upgraded to Trade Pro). Once the account upgrade is completed, you can deposit BTC.
Once, you’ve got money on your bitFlyer account, you can get started with trading. This guide will teach you how. Meanwhile, before you get started with real trading, it would be smart to check the platforms every crypto-enthusiast will benefit from.
Must-Have External Platforms For Traders
There are special crypto platforms that can help you stay on top when it comes to crypto trading. Get to know the latest news, follow the best crypto experts, read crypto reviews and practice your skills on a regular basis. Since only practice makes perfect, you need to always train and improve your trading skills and follow the latest trends. Below, you will find a list of platforms that can help you with that.
- CoinTelegraph - It’s a pioneer cryptocurrency, blockchain, decentralized applications news platform, which was founded in 2013 when cryptocurrency was about to hit a peak.
- Coinmarketcap - This is where you can see information regarding all cryptocurrencies and their price action, along with loads of additional information.
- CoinDesk - It’s one of the most world’s famous news sites specializing in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
bitFlyer Lightning is a good starting point for beginning traders as it is safe, user-friendly and easy to set up. Time to begin trading! Good luck!